Destiny Roleplaying!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny Roleplaying!

Back from a long sleep and all set! ^^

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Genre's with a few bands to get ya started

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Genre's with a few bands to get ya started Empty
PostSubject: Genre's with a few bands to get ya started   Genre's with a few bands to get ya started Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 6:39 am

Ok iam just going to ramble here about diffrent Genres and a few good bands in each with reasons and details....

Power Metal
What is it you ask? Its in my own words kinda like a fantasy based thrash....care to slay a dragon? or burn a church? maybe rape some knights wife? like magic powers? this may be for you!

Some Starter Bands

-Dragonforce-MTV standards none to grand but a great starter Hermman Li is one of the most fun guitarist out there he sounds like a snes system at times...

-Hammerfall-GRAND STYLE! the higher end....lyrics flow guitars in toe I love this stuff

-Manowar - Retro cheese shit...truly nerd based power metal...but they are one of the first thus you gain cool points knowing of them lol....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Horror Punk   Genre's with a few bands to get ya started Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 6:40 am

Horror Punk
What is it you ask? Its Horror themed Punk daaa A very Fun Genre....
and slowly becoming my fav...tis stuff is so fun to Play and Listen to!

Some Starter Bands

The Misfits
The Gods of this genre...theres a few diffrent time lines theres
Danzig Era - First Misfits Great stuff Danzig is a very good vocalist for this stuff....
Graves Ers - My Fav vocal wise...some would say iam nuts but listen to "Dig up her bones"...*drools*
And then The Current
Only Era - Jerry Only Bassist/Vocals a great guy...and The Misfits still rock....

Calabrese
These guys are just fun as hell...I have found myself on a drunken weekend dancing and singing with this stuff at like 3am lol a must have for Horror punk fans and a fun listen for anyone.....

45 Grave
A nice band a lil more deathrock then horror punk but still very fun....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genre's with a few bands to get ya started   Genre's with a few bands to get ya started Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 9:43 am

Update time
next the ever hated emo

Emo (Emotion Driven Punk)
What is it you ask? its high Energy Punk with screamed to soft vocals and in most cases odd time sigs...Lyrics lead towards life problems,Love,Lust,Death,Revenge etc...A very nice genre I find many bands of this genre to be hated just cuz the label "Emo" I say give it a listen...still dont like it? thats ok but dont bash it theres alot of Talent there Scream vocals are NOT easy you may say otherwise but you try it then tell me lol do a show or two lol

Some Starter Bands

Escape The Fate
A great Band awsome vocal work and great guitar
lyrics that are NOT shit very very well put together
a few songs to listen to are
the guillotine&Situations

Four Letter Lie
a much more happy emo outfit in many ways not to grand here just a fun listen : )

Alesana
My Fav of this genre complex guitar work great vocals an just wonderful lyrics
listen to "Congratulations, I Hate You" a very fun song I think : )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genre's with a few bands to get ya started   Genre's with a few bands to get ya started Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 9:55 am

Black Metal
What is it you ask? well Black Metal is by far one of the darkest forms of Metal in many ways,Its mostly underground and could just as easy be called "Parent scaring Metal" lol but in all honestly its a great genre : ) a lil gloomy at times and dark all the time...even hints of like a Sadist trend from time to time but alot to enjoy too...well on to the Bands!

Some Starter Bands

Behemoth
I think this is where every black metal fan starts out I know I did these guys are Classic an Amazingly great! I could try to pick a few songs but Ill just say listen to em all! lmao

Burzum
WoW crazy stuff here iam not sure what to say other then are they for real?

Mayhem
ok its ranting time....Mayhem is by far one of the better more skilled and lesser known bands in this genre with a crazy fucking history to boot...there Guitarist "Dead" I beleave was his name shot himself or something an there Bassists made a necklace out of his skull chunks like come on people thats insane I love it! give these guys a listen...

Emperor
Not for the faint of heart but then again what black Metal is?
one of the greats give em a try!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genre's with a few bands to get ya started   Genre's with a few bands to get ya started Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:01 am

Grindcore
What is it you ask? well in all honestly its very very hard genre to explan or understand but I shall try to enlighten you
its kinda a fusion between death metal an hardcore punk with like a side order of speed and maddness : P a grand genre as far as Complex time sigs and insane bpm rates go...to Play Grindcore is to be VERY skilled and Brave

Some Starter Bands

Pig destroyer
Wow...ok is this band for real? vocals like mad dogs out of hell...Guitar that is unmatched in Speed and complex times and Blasting drums like theres no tommrow....wow iam jealous honestly! lol

Nasum
as seen on another site all that can an should be said is
"Simply the best, better than the rest Smile"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genre's with a few bands to get ya started   Genre's with a few bands to get ya started Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:02 am

Coming soon
Prog Metal...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genre's with a few bands to get ya started   Genre's with a few bands to get ya started Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genre's with a few bands to get ya started
Page 1 of 1