Destiny Roleplaying!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny Roleplaying!

Back from a long sleep and all set! ^^

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Satanism in the news etc

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Satanism in the news etc Empty
PostSubject: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:50 pm

As the only Satanist on this forum I needed to post this
what are your views or Ideas about Satanists?
dont really know? well theres two sides to this I know of....
1-The news and goverment make us out as clock wearing,church burning,nut jobs
are they right? there is some truth to what they say I admit some people calling themself Satanists are doing these things but they are not the whole...it makes me very sad to see this...I wish they would stop doing these vile acts in the name of something they do not fully understand....
2-The Satanist view of themself we use the name sololy for shock honestly we do NOT beleave in the devil persay...for more info go here www.satanism101.com

anyway Share what you think....
Have any Questions post em Ill try my best to help!
Back to top Go down
Xephyr
Shadow Phoenix
Shadow Phoenix
Xephyr

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 7:13 pm

How can one who does not "believe" in satan (12) be a satanist? That is like considering yourself a christian and not believing in God or Jesus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:19 am

A VERY! good question....I think you should read some of the things on satanism101.com it would explan it best but alas I shall try to explan

Satanist do not belaeve persay in God or The Devil they may or may not be real to us we only see areselfs and the here an now...you truly only live once thus we see no holy master in the skys or a demon below us....what has god done that deserves me as his follower? and if satan got his ass kicked by god iam sure as hell not serving him....thus I am my own god...Iam the ONLY person i can truly trust or beleave in....Thats one of the core Ideas to Satanism
We Only Live Once thus do what you wish say what you wish....
We are own Masters...simple and to the point
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:23 am

The Name was coined by a great and I beleave mad man by the Name of Anton LaVey.... why he did this I cant say perhaps it was the fact the in the eyes of some exterme christian followers
A Satanist is something to be feared and that being so the name may also be just a shock tactic....I cant honestly say how it came to be[/img]
Back to top Go down
Xephyr
Shadow Phoenix
Shadow Phoenix
Xephyr

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:31 pm

I don't intend to visit a website on Satanism because I just don't care...
Back to top Go down
Stark
Targaryen
Targaryen

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:23 pm

An interesting topic. However the question is eaisly answered. Satan represents the idea of evil, it doiesn;t have to be the devil or any other sentient being. It simply gives the idea of evil a name. So hence when the general public views a person who denotes himself as satanist the idea of that title bearing evil influences the thoughts of others toward the satanist.
Any name can be borne however one must contend with heneral held beilefs and views.
Back to top Go down
Xephyr
Shadow Phoenix
Shadow Phoenix
Xephyr

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:30 pm

Athough posting on this thread is a bt pointless because guest (Anthony Richardson) doesn't come on anymore, you make a really good point, but wouldn'tthe one who claims he is satanist also realize that the name represents evil?
Back to top Go down
Manek
Urban Snake
Urban Snake
Manek

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 2:13 pm

Stark wrote:
Satan represents the idea of evil

Objection;

Satan does not represent the idea of evil, It represents the idea of self-indulgence and personal advancement.

Suprisingly enough, western society is based on both of those things. Ironic, no?
Back to top Go down
http://www.furnation.com/Maneks_Den
Xephyr
Shadow Phoenix
Shadow Phoenix
Xephyr

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:42 pm

And evil. Advancement? Indulgence, selfishnes and sin perhaps.. But advancement? Where did you get that idea?
Back to top Go down
Manek
Urban Snake
Urban Snake
Manek

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:26 pm

The Satanic-fucking-Bible. Go educate yourself.

EDIT: Kepe in mind that, like the Bible was written by Christians, SB was written by Satanists. Take everything with a grian of salt. douche.
Back to top Go down
Xephyr
Shadow Phoenix
Shadow Phoenix
Xephyr

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:51 am

Advancement can mean anything from technological advancement, spiritual advancement, advancement of the physique or mind, or advancement in power, which could be gained through maladroite means, so the advancement part could also represent evil. Also, Satan poops anyway, so why listen to him. Pooping is disgusting. I don't poop.

Secondly, I didn't know that people who didn't completely conform with Bruce were douches. I thought they were of equal stature (greater) and I still think that. Also, just because the Satanic bible isn't worth a grain of salt doesn't mean the real bible isn't. It's more like a book, altered over the years yet maintaining the same general principles, and testing our ability to sift through information and chose between correctivities and misinterpretations, you poop, you poop.

Now i'll leave you a nice secret message to decode. Maximum Shitt.
Back to top Go down
Manek
Urban Snake
Urban Snake
Manek

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 6:48 pm

Xephyr wrote:
Also, just because the Satanic bible isn't worth a grain of salt doesn't mean the real bible isn't. It's more like a book, altered over the years yet maintaining the same general principles, and testing our ability to sift through information and chose between correctivities and misinterpretations.

It's a work of humans. Both are, and therefore subject to error and change. However, the Bible claims that it's the word of the Christian god. The Satanic Bible doesn't, which leaves me with infinitely mroe faith in it than your book.

As a sidenote, people who don't conform with me aren't douches. Douches are douches.
Back to top Go down
Xephyr
Shadow Phoenix
Shadow Phoenix
Xephyr

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:49 am

Then you've addressed me as a vaginal cleaning apparatus when, infact, I'm a human being. You should pay more attention to your surroundings when evaluating them. Wouldn't want to mistake a barbecue for a poodle, or a salmon for a transport truck. The christian bible was physically written by humans, yeah, but it's not as if they made it all up. The book of revalations was written by a man in prison, who was being told each and every word what to say, and no, not by another human. That is but one of the circumstances under which the bible was written. What you're saying is that over the time it's been around, mistranslations have been widely spread, leaving it as our responsibility to chose wisely which to believe. It is likely that every copy in circulation today has been edited to some extent, but it still keeps the same general concept. It's not as if someone altered it entirely, turning it into it's opposite. The thing about the satanic bible is that it's satanic. You know, the prince of darkness... beelzebub... the devil. That guy. And another thing, either there's no such thing as an honest satanist, or they worship satan, because a misnomer boils down to a lie.
Back to top Go down
Manek
Urban Snake
Urban Snake
Manek

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:21 pm

Xephyr wrote:
The book of revalations was written by a man in prison, who was being told each and every word what to say, and no, not by another human.

When was the last time you took someone seriously when they told you that some voice in their head said 'write this down word for word'?

This discussion's over until you educate yourself more.
Back to top Go down
Nathillius
Dracovian Ereptor Anima
Dracovian Ereptor Anima

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:25 am

Both of you need to shut up and leave this post alone. Bruce, stop being annoying and saying you won't be forum hopping when that's what yuo are doing and Scott stop arguing a subject that Buce will not give up on, ok?
Back to top Go down
https://destinyroleplaying.rpg-board.net
Xephyr
Shadow Phoenix
Shadow Phoenix
Xephyr

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:08 am

Alright, Nick. Lets just not have "deeper discussion" (which usually means presenting opposing ideas, and either agreeing or disagreeing with the other person's." That's like saying not to roleplay with dragons in the Dragonic RP section... I have a feeling i'm not the one who should be told to educate myself, especially since i'm doing that right now with english as a correspondance course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Satanism in the news etc   Satanism in the news etc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Satanism in the news etc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Destiny Roleplaying! :: Forums that Zyphrix Made! :: Deeper Discussion-
Jump to: